Sunday, June 17, 2012

PLG CSA: Week 2



1 bunch of Garlic Scapes
Shell peas
1 bunch of Carrots
Spinach
1 head of Lettuce
1 bunch of Kale
2 bunches of Radishes [got an extra bunch from the free bin]
1 bunch of Beets
1 pint of Strawberries
1/2 dozen Eggs
5 lbs. of Coffee

So far I have plans to pickle the scapes and radishes (the pickled radishes I made last week were addictive). I'll roast the beets for a salad, which will include the carrots, shell peas, and lettuce (of course); maybe if I have time to get a mandoline then I'll make beet chips instead...and then there are always Kale chips. Maybe I'll make a frittata with the spinach. And then my favorite strawberry jam; made a batch last weekend along with scones--and now I have the perfect accompaniment for both--COFFEE. Can't wait to make lots and lots of iced coffee . . . hmmm I guess I'll be making some simple syrup too!

No comments:

Post a Comment