Sunday, May 6, 2012

A New CSA Season is Almost Here!


This is it, my shares (vegetables, fruit, and eggs) have been paid for! I've catalogued all of last year's recipes on Pepperplate, and now I'm ready to tryout even more new recipes this year.

Can't wait for the new season to begin on Saturday, June 9th. I'm so happy that the pick up day has changed from Tuesdays to Saturdays. Now I won't have to agonize over leaving work on time to get my food—or try to think of creative recipes after a full work day. And there's a new gardener! While I only experienced last year's gardener for one season, I've only heard good things about the new farm, Farm at Miller's Crossing.

Now what's the thing I'm most looking forward to...a lower grocery bill. I'm slightly budget obsessed. So much, so that I start savings goals for anything I could possibly want in the future (see left column: Smartypig Widget for next year's CSA, I decided to start early this year!). With single shares through my CSA I cut my grocery bill, and get so much more food in return.

Vegetables
Double Share: $580 ($26.36 per week)
Single Share: $320 ($14.55 per week)

If you're interested in a share, there's still time to sign up for shares. PLG CSA extended their registration deadline to this Friday, May 11th. You can find more information at the PLG CSA website.

No comments:

Post a Comment