Thursday, July 7, 2011

Smooth.

This week seems to be going smoother than last week in terms of me utilizing everything I was given in my share. I now only have a couple of things left from this week's share and they should hold for long enough for me to eat some leftovers.

PLGCSA Week 6
Lettuce Head
Peas
Scallions
Kale
Swiss Chard
Parsley
Garlic Scapes (none for me . . . apparently a shift worker was measuring out incorrect quantities, so anyone who showed up for the second shift pickup missed out on scapes)

Fruit share:
Blueberries

So far, to make sure that I wouldn't end up with frozen, wilted, or rotten lettuce I ate it first. So salad and kale chips on Tuesday. Wednesday, I tried Shrimp, Sugar Snap Pea and Potato Salad with Mint and Pecorino (adapted from The New York Times) post to come later—just need to take some photos when the light in my apartment is better. So now I just have swiss chard and my weekly cheese share left, because I'll be freezing the blueberries for future preserves and cobbler sessions.

No comments:

Post a Comment