Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Wok.

I need a wok . . . as this week will be stir-fry week, I think. Though, the farmers did suggest making kimchi out of the napa cabbage in this week's veggie share. I'm not really a kimchi person. So a stir-fry should probably use up about half of my share, and then I can make some more delicious garlic scape pesto, and maybe a cheese and oregano fritatta with salad greens to make use of everything.

And all I can say about the dill is, ugh . . . more dill?!?! I think I might have to put it in the free bin. I don't know how much dill compound butter I'll be able to stand once it comes time to unfreeze it (compound butter can last in the freezer up to 2 months).

PLG CSA Week 4:

Woodbridge Farm Vegetables
Lettuce
salad greens
garlic scapes
napa cabbage
sugar snap peas
and herbs (dill and oregano most likely)
Breezy Hill Orchard Fruits Not available

1 comment:

  1. I've never seen a garlic scape. I hadn't even heard of them until you blogged them last year.

    Re the dill...I may have bought it once in my life. With all your compound butter...you can always give gifts of it to friends or co-workers. :)

    ReplyDelete